Monday 18 July 2016

Hackers developed a Phishing scam for the users of the game "Pokemon GO"


The reality game "Pokemon GO" suddenly got a lot of success. But where there is something successful, the cyber criminals find a way to commit a crime from that.

In simple language, Facebook is a most successful social media website. And cybercriminals use different techniques to hack facebook account or to make a profit by fooling them to submit their credit information or something else. Mostly Facebook hacking is done from the phishing technique.

By the way, it was just an example. The main topic and news are that The cyber criminals or you can also say hackers, made a phishing scam for the most popular and successful game "Pokemon GO".

In this new Phishing scam, the user receives an email pretending to be from the developer of the game Niantic.Inc. and demands the players to pay approx $13 ($12.99) a month for to use the full version of the game.
The victims (who get trapped in this phishing scam) delivered to a page which is designed to steal their passwords and credit cards.

Note:Niantic Labs does offer purchases of virtual goods within the game itself but the app is completely free and users are able to use it that way indefinitely.

Conclusion: Do not fool by this phishing techniques and does not click to this type of links which you don't trust.

You can read my previous post, of how to stay safe from phishing 

attacks here



Hope you like this post.
Share this article with your friends to keep them safe from this phishing scam.





3 comments:

  1. I suspected my wife of cheating on me but I never had any proof. This went on for months, I didn't know what to do. i was so paranoid and decided to find a solution, i saw a recommendation about a private investigator and decided to contact him. I explained the situation about my wife to him and he said he was going to help me.I gave him all the informations he required and afterwards i received all my wife’s phones Text messages and calls, I was hurt when i saw a picture of my wife and her lover. I feel so bad about infidelity. but i am glad Mr james was able to help me get all this information, you can contact him via email(worldcyberhackers@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need to increase your credit score?
    Do you intend to upgrade your school grade?
    Do you want to hack your cheating spouse Email, whatsapp, Facebook, instagram or any social network?
    Do you need any information concerning any database.
    Do you need to retrieve deleted files?
    Do you need to clear your criminal records or DMV?
    Do you want to remove any site or link from any blog?
    you should contact this hacker, he is reliable and good at the hack jobs..
    contact : cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete